Umbrella Marketing: A New Strategy for Progressive Companies
There’s a new buzzword in the ever-evolving world of marketing, and it’s changing to-market strategies across the country. Umbrella marketing, a cost-cutting strategy that integrates an outside agency into daily operations; streamlining marketing, advertising, brand strategy and design, is rapidly growing in popularity among companies that experience a similar set of challenges when staffing a full-service marketing department.
- Availability of Talent (workforce deficiency)
- Overhead Costs
- Fresh Perspective & Ideas
- Efficient Execution
- Strategic vs Influenced Decision-Making
AVAILABILITY OF TALENT
Mid to large size companies often select smaller, rural communities for their corporate offices due to economies of scale, distribution opportunities, and/or tax incentives but often struggle staffing a capable workforce; especially in executive level positions. Marketing departments tend to be one of the most difficult to staff in rural communities due to a wide scope of responsibilities—sales, branding, product development/strategy, advertising, design, web, and social media. Rural community talent limitations and low educational levels restrict the ability of many corporations to effectively hire a comprehensive marketing department. This may lead to the hiring of inexperienced staff or the need to outsource different aspects of your marketing, causing an inconsistent, non-strategic message to the marketplace.
Umbrella marketing, pioneered by Ignite Brand Marketing, has become the solution for many of the challenges companies often face. With umbrella marketing:
- Dedicated marketing teams assigned to clients based on background and experience
- Vendor interaction, graphic design and strategy implementation is housed under one roof
- Economies of scale and enhanced efficiency are often achieved through off-site services
- Competitive advantage is increased given reduction in overhead, a consistent marketing message and strategic plan execution